This year rabies campaign has the objective not only to perform free rabies vaccinations in Wuhan, but to connect different cities in China to deliver messages in support for the fight against rabies, and the protection of our animals. The whole event will start at 2 pm at Nice International Veterinary Hospital (Wuhan, China) and end at 5 pm of the 26th of September. During this time, the following activities will be carried out:
Pet owners will arrive at the veterinary hospital to get free rabies vaccination for their pets.
- Dr. Sara Platto will introduce World Rabies Day, why is organized on 28th of September, and the importance of educating the public about rabies prevention.
- Nico and Matteo will introduce the activities of the event, and talk about the past campaigns in Wuhan. Then, they will introduce the “remote guests”.
- Nico/Matteo will introduce dr. Melo, head of the Nice veterinary hospital. Dr. Melo will briefly introduce the role of the veterinary hospitals in rabies prevention, and public education. He will also introduce the ongoing free vaccination campaign supported by Boehringher-Ingelheim.
- Nico/Matteo will start by introducing the connections around China and oversea.
- GARC. The first connection will be Prof. Louis Nel representative of GARC who will talk about the role of GARC in the worldwide rabies education and prevention.
- Nico/Matteo will ask some questions to the people who come get the free rabies vaccination for their pets at Nice International Veterinary Hospital.
- Beijing. The second connection will be with a primary school in Beijing where a rabies education class and activity is carried out.
- Nico/Matteo will entertain the public with some activities.
- Chongqing. The third connection will be with the Chongqing Animal Disease Control Centre in the person of Dr. Zeng Zheng who will talk about the role of CDC in the rabies prevention and surveillance in China.
- Nico/Matteo will entertain the public by asking questions about rabies and who will give the correct answers will get a prize.
- Shanghai. The forth connection will be with a representative of Boerhinger-Ingelheim in Shangai, who will briefly introduce the role of the pharmaceutical company in supporting rabies prevention and education.
- Nico/Matteo will interview Dr. Cheryl DeMena, doctor from the international clinic at Union hospital in Wuhan.
- Hainan shelter. The owner of Haikou Animal Sanctuary will introduce the role of the shelter for rabies prevention.
- Nico/Matteo. Mila Cabaret will give a short speech (max 2 minutes) on the power of the children in making changes to help animals.
- Beijing. CBCGDF will close the connections giving a message of support for the fight against rabies and the protection of our animals.
- Nico/Matteo will lead the closure of the event (5 pm)